Friday, November 19, 2010

The Karaoke Incident

Of course there was a karaoke machine on our cruise boat, I mean, we are in Asia after all, right? So, after one too many drinks, a very flamboyant crew member convinces us all to sing a couple of songs. Just to be nerds, we make an Australian couple sing "The Land Down Under", and afterwards they request "Born in the USA" for us to sing. This is where things went wrong, VERY wrong.

Have you ever listened to the actual lyrics of Born in the USA? Well, if not hear ya go....

I got in a little hometown jam,
So they put a rifle in my hands,
Sent me off to Vietnam,
To go and kill the yellow man, (cringe, this is when we all start registering the words)
I had a buddy at Khe San,
Fighting off the Viet Cong (And this is the part we all throw down the microphones and run back to our rooms to hide)


I'm pretty sure the crew member who was singing with us did not understand the words anyways, but still, this was obviously a very dumb move on our part. Just remember this the next time any of you decide you're up for karaoke in Nam.

No comments:

Post a Comment