Monday, October 25, 2010

Return to the Islands

Ever since I first set sight on the islands of Thailand, I was convinced I had found heaven on earth. And upon returning two years later, I am still a believer. Beautiful white sand beaches, crystal clear water, and a bungalow for only $15 a night makes for the perfect getaway on the cheap.


I chose Koh Tao and Koh Phi Phi because they were my favorite islands from my last visit. Both amazing places but have completely different feels. Koh Tao is a very small, laid back island where most of the life revolves around the beach. We passed the time laying out by day, and eating beach barbecue and watching fire throwers by night. It was the most relaxing 8 days of my life.



Now, Koh Phi Phi has quite a different feel. Most hotels and restaurants are not on the beach and the prettiest beaches on the island are a bit of a hike to get to. Because of this, most people just walk to the port and take a boat out for the day to Phi Phi Leh island. It has great snorkelling (I swam with my first sea turtle!!) and you can go to Maya Bay where "The Beach" was filmed. So although it is not as beach centered as Koh Tao, the breathtaking limestone cliffs make it a must visit in Southeast Asia.




After 15 days of being complete beach bums, we flew out of Phuket to meet my sister and her boyfriend in Bali....my favorite part of the trip so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment