Saturday, September 11, 2010

Greek Life

Let me just start this post off by saying how much I loooooveeeed Greece. The people are the nicest and funniest people you'll ever meet in your life. Everywhere we stayed, I literally felt like I was staying in the home of an old family friend. And the food is to die for, even on a budget! 2 euro spinach pies and gyros, yes please! I lived on those alone for the entire 10 days.



Ok, so after Rome, we flew to Athens and spent 3 days there before heading to the islands. Athens was really a pleasant suprise for me. I had heard a lot of bad things about it so I wasn't expecting much but I found the city to be a really fun and interesting place.
Taking a stroll around the city literally takes you back in time. Walking around you run into ruin after ruin and you can stare up at the Acropolis basically anywhere you go.The whole city is really clean too (you could lick the floor of their metro stations, no joke), which I assume is due in part to the cleanup before the Olympics. And for some reason, I got a really island feel from the whole place. I don't know why, maybe because everything is white? Nonetheless, beautiful city that I'd highly reccommend.



We found a nice room at the Hotel Phaedra for 50 euros a night. Our room had the craziest view of the Acropolis, check it out!


After a couple days of sightseeing we took a ferry down to Mykonos and Santorini which I'll post within the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment