Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Sound of Music" or D-Day?

In the past few months, I've made a point to ask all my friends their favorite European city. While most people gave me the usual Paris or Rome (cities that obviously would make the list anyways), I was all ears when anyone mentioned a place I hadn't heard much of. That's how Salzburg came to be on our route.

A couple years ago, my sister and her friend, Jaime, spent 6 months working and traveling all around Europe. Out of all the countries they visited, they said Salzburg was their favorite place. As Jaime went on and on about how pretty the town was, she then said one thing, "It's where the "Sound of Music" was filmed". SOLD!


{Nathan Bergeron}
Then we talked to our good friend Mark about Normandy....

{Paul Indigo}

Now, don't get me wrong, I am very interested in seeing the D-Day beaches and paying respect to the soldiers who fought during WWII. But Mont St. Michel? This place looks unreal. Plus, I heard there is some really good food in this region of France too...we're talking camembert cheese people.

Obviously in only two months we are not going to be able to see ALL of Europe. So, it's time to make decisions. "Sound of Music" or D-Day? What's your pick?

2 comments:

  1. I love these choices! Normandy and Salzburg are a bit different so it will be cool to go off the typical for a while. I am excited to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahah THE HILLS ARE AAALLIVEEEE!!

    ReplyDelete